Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Response for Andrea

Andrea –

I love the piece! So many profound issues at hand, its like a whirlwind of all this deep stuff; MS, welfare, single-parenting, the worth of a college education, etc, etc. The quotes from Lisa really nail it home. I love the quote about “we make plans and God laughs”. However, I think this piece would benefit a great deal from a refinement of its scope. I think sticking to one of those issues and really running with it will have a tremendous impact on the message of the article and it seems like Lisa is a well of quotes for any and all of these isssues – I couldn’t imagine it would be hard to focus on one thing. Structurally, I would maybe not go back and forth between speakers because it can get confusing. I think you should chose the best quotes from Mira and have it one place and then sign her off, so to speak. I really look forward to the final article.

No comments:

Post a Comment